UNITED WAY EXAMPLES
- UnitedWay of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley - Steps Forward: Creating a Quality Early Education and Care and Out-of-School Time Workforce (2007)
In 2007, the Massachusetts-based Early Education and Care and Out-of-School Time Task Force developed key recommendations and strategies for a comprehensive workforce development system, including creating a clear career path for early education and care and out-of-school time practitioners. Created for those working to further these recommendations, to raise the standards and opportunities for a stronger, more effective early education and out-of-school time workforce.
- Valley of the Sun United Way — Editorial: Quality afterschool care is essential (2010)
Newspaper editorial by Valley of the Sun United Way's CEO and Melanie McClintock, Executive Director, Arizona Center for School Excellence, making the case for Phoenix's Out-of-School Time Action Agenda
- Out-of-School Time Best Practice Examples (2009)
Out-of-school time best practices collected by AzCASE/Valley of the Sun United Way Out-of-School Time Network Action Steering Committee to inform the development of their own action agenda
- United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg - Education: School-Age Children - How United Way Helps Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential (2010)
United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg's case statement on on how United Way helps children and youth achieve their potential through their work on quality out-of-school time programming.
- You work hard. Brag a little!
Please submit your out-of-school time publications, videos, pictures, case studies, best practices, blog articles, reports and media mentions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submissions will be reviewed by the education team and we will contact you if your tools are selected for inclusion in the toolkit. Thanks in advance for your submissions and contribution to our networks' work in out-of-school time.